2 maj 2011

Yes, let us go back to Cambodia.

I’d been back with S.J in China for about one week, when my friend called me from Thailand ‘Come back and let us go to Cambodia together’! One day later, I was on the plane to Bangkok, where I'd hook up with my friend and then together we'd cross the border to Cambodia at Poipet border crossing.

Visiting Cambodia for the second time was, not very surprisingly, different from the first time. This time I could try to gather another understanding as the first time fascination and awe had evaporated. And I realize how much of a complex country Cambodia really is. My dream would be to live and work in Cambodia, using my education to help the people develop their business in a profitable and sustainable way. I told my Cambodian friend Pengan, and I am thankful that he made me understand how incredibly difficult that would be. Although not impossible.

We first arrived in Poipet, and got the warmest welcome as they still celebrated Khmer New Year. With several buckets of water thrown over me, and my face covered with white powder ( a cleaning process ) I joined the circle of smiling, dancing people, and danced barefooted in the mud to traditional Khmer music. Happy moments, and the best start at my second visit in Cambodia. After Poipet we went to visit my friend in Battambang, and after that, through Phnom Penh, finally Otres Beach, a secluded, quiet beach in Sihanoukville. 

Battambang








Phnom Penh





Sihanoukville




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar