9 mars 2011

Acoustic Bar - emotion talks. It is a different kind of fun said SJ. But Lonely Planet are wrong.













At #5 out of 2199 "Entertainment in Asia" is Acoustic Bar ( Acoustic Bar – Emotion talks actually). At #55 we find Club FF, Seoul. Another category, "live music in Asia", ranks Acoustic Bar #1, and FF, first Seoulie to represent, ranked #5. Maybe I was just there at a bad night. (but it was a Friday night and the place was packed, and it seemed to be some kind of house band performing).
Some of the covers: 

  • Travie McCoy- I want to be a billionaire
  • Dan Ill- Sometimes when we touch
  • Sum 41 - Still waiting
  • Red hot chili peppers - Can't stop
  • Lady Gaga -Pokerface (terrible version
  • Maroon 5- She will be loved

At one point some old dude, that could have been an old Vietnamese rock n’ roll hero, sang some bluesie Vietnamese songs that was really good. But what about the rest? I just wanted to take the young Vietnamese and put them in Club Spot for one night, they would've been blown away, it would change their life! And then maybe they could go back and compose some of their own music, Let their emotions talk. I mean, who's feelings were talking at Acoustic Bar yesterday? I want to be a billionaire so fucking bad? Ridiculous!

It is a different kind of fun, said SJ. And yes, I am not judging anyone for doing what they are doing. I just wish that maybe they could sing about themselves instead. And I was definitely expecting something else. And I prefer and recommend YOKO over Acoustic Bar, cause at least they have the sense to play Jimi covers. And don't trust Lonely Planet, they are wrong ranking Acoustic Bar #1.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar