26 feb. 2011

I MISS SCHOOL

I miss school. One of the reasons for me taking a study break for one semester was to seize the opportunity to travel but also to engage in matters I usually don't have time for, in order to find out what I want to do with my life.
I do feel that I have been spending time for this cause. However, not as much as I would need to, and wish for. And now I am starting to miss school.

One of the things at DIS (Department of International Studies) at Hanyang University that differed from my Swedish education and that I also came to value, was the use of You Tube, TEDtalks and other Internet sources as learning material. I especially found several RSAnimate videos inspiring. Today I found this inspiring Talk at TED which I think has a lot of appealing ideas and telling truths. It is by Ken Robinson who talks about Education and Creativity. HIs idea is that the education system kills creativity, taking Paul McCartney and George Harrison as an example. They both had the same teacher in Music at school, who failed to see their talent and both disliking the subject Music through school.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar